We are looking to add several new board members.
- Be civic-minded and committed to helping the public
- Be committed to enabling enrichment activities for all and adhere to a broad nondiscrimination policy
- Have the ability and commitment to be on the Board of Directors for at least two years
- Have the ability and commitment to attend board meetings. The board will meet at least quarterly. Special board meetings will be held as needed with advance notice given.
- Be committed to participate in our mission in a fair and reasonable fashion and abstain from conflicts of interest
- Be a willing and positive advocate for the organization including representing Playing At Learning to the community
- Have the ability to evaluate and approve program goals as well as develop and evaluate progress to overall strategic goals
- Review minutes and stay informed regarding the organization’s fiscal and program work
- Participate in setting overall policy and program oversight
- Participate in the performance evaluation of the executive director and as needed, other key staff
- Participate actively (as needed) on board committees of the organization
- Actively raise funds for the organization and/or Contribute annually from personal resources to the extent possible (Give or Get)
- Be committed to learning about and putting into place the best practices for nonprofit boards