NorCal FLL Explore Festival – Apr 8 – San Jose State University – FULL
Date(s) - 04/08/2023
9:00 am - 1:45 pm
Location San Jose State University Event Center
290 South 7th Street San Jose
Held at the same place and overlapping the Silicon Valley FIRST Robotics Competition Regional event at San Jose State University Event Center
Parking : 377 South 7th St – recommend to pre-purchase for South Garage on 7th Street
Note there is not an elevator in this Garage!
In the Event Center, there is an elevator on ground level on left side. If you can take the stairs, take the rightmost set of stairs for all people coming to event.
We will be on the upper level on the right (south side) as you enter. Reviewing rooms are on ground level behind the bleachers.
- Timing of this Festival is expected to be the following – though schedule can vary due to the overlap with the FRC event.
Volunteers show up: 8:30am
Teams show up: 9:30-9:45am
Ready with Pit Displays: 9:45am-12:30pm
Ready for Award & Celebration Ceremony: 12:45pm
Festival expected to complete 1:45pm
Visitors are welcome!
- Please wear Closed Toe & Closed Heel Shoes, particularly if interested in visiting the FIRST Robotics Competition teams in their Team Pit area.
- Bring Safety Glasses if you can for each person coming in order to have the opportunity to visit with the FIRST Robotics Competition teams in their Team Pit area.
- No outside foods/beverages will be allowed in the venue – the event center security will check all bags and containers. There will be concessions available to purchase.
Event team registration is full
Detailed Event Schedule – updated as of April 6th
-> Teams: Preparing for Festival / What to expect
EVENT VOLUNTEERS NEEDED:
- 16+ Volunteer slots are available
- A person can do more than 1 role (if times are mostly non-overlapping).
- All training/instruction given on day of event – so no pre-reading or studying needed ahead of time!
- All volunteers need to be 14 years old / HS or older
- Team affiliated volunteers can fill any role (ie there are no restrictions as there are in the Northern California FIRST LEGO League Challenge or Northern California FIRST Tech Challenge programs)
4 volunteers – Reviewer : 9:00am-1:30pm
1 volunteer – Lead Reviewer : 8:30am-1:30pm
3 to 4 volunteers – Team Activities: 10:00am-12:00pm
1 volunteer – Team Checkin: 9:00am-10:15am
1 volunteer – Volunteer Checkin: 8:30am-10:30am
2 volunteers – Team Queuer: 9:00am-12:00pm
1 volunteer – Photographer : 8:30am-1:30pm
2 volunteers – Event Clean up / Load out: 1:30pm-2:30pm
If a particular role does not show up in the FIRST volunteer system, it is most likely that the position is fully staffed and no additional volunteers are needed for that specific role. If you have any questions about this, feel free to email Playing At Learning – the local NorCal FIRST partner at firstname.lastname@example.org
Add this event to your Google calendar
Add this event to your Outlook (ics) calendar iCal
All Related Events