NorCal Dean’s List Interviews
Date(s) - 02/23/2020
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Location The Play Space
2215 Oakland Road, Suite B San Jose
Note: This is not a visitor friendly event – it is created to have a place to point the Dean’s List Interviewers, Reviewers and student leaders (and their team coaches).
Volunteer Roles : Interviewer [8:30am – 2:30pm ], Reviewer [12:30pm – 3:30pm]
- Interviewers work in pairs to talk to the Semi-Finalists and evaluate their accomplishments – they type up their remarks/feedback in a dedicated online system.
- Reviewers will read the entered online remarks/feedback from the Interviewers. Then after all interviews have been completed and feedback entered, the reviewers will have an opportunity to ask any clarifying questions of the Interviewers. Then, the reviewers will separately select the Northern California Finalists. Finalists will be officially announced at the NorCal FTC Regional Championship on March 8th.
What is the Dean’s List?
The students who earn FIRST Dean’s List Award status as a Semi-finalists, Finalist or Winner, are great examples of student leaders who have led their Teams and communities to increased awareness for FIRST and its mission. These students have also achieved personal technical expertise and accomplishment. It is FIRST’s that these individuals will continue, post-award, as great leaders, student alumni, and advocates of FIRST.
there are three “categories” of FIRST Dean’s List Award students:
- FIRST Dean’s List Semi-finalists – comprised of the two (2) students in their 10th or 11th grade school year nominated by each team in a region.
- FIRST Dean’s List Finalists – comprised of the students (2, 3, or 4, depending on the region) selected at each Regional Championship.
- FIRST Dean’s List Winners – comprised of the ten (10) FIRST Robotics Competition and ten (10) FIRST Tech Challenge students selected from the applicable FIRST Dean’s List Finalists
Add this event to your Google calendar
Add this event to your Outlook (ics) calendar iCal
All Related Events